Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
OurJacksonville Baymeadows Team primarily provides customer support to consumers via telephone and/or Internet, e.g., instant message, email. Handle customer inquiries and resolve simple and basic support issues, such as address changes, processing orders, warranty or billing/payment. For product or service-related issues, will move customer to appropriate Product Support Specialist. At FIS we believe that our front-line associates are as important as our clients and consumers for whom we provide services and support.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles data from legal digests, encyclopedias and practice manuals.
- Assembles, proofs and edits drafts of contracts, leases, licenses and insurance policies.
- Prepares and files legal documents with appropriate entities as required.
- Conducts research on projects as directed by corporate attorneys.
- May review and ensure FIS is in compliance with regulations.
- Researches issues and provides supporting information when necessary.
- Assists in monitoring pending legislation as it pertains to business line.
- Acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, organizations and in-house employees.
- Maintains a file system for legal documents and may act as legal librarian ensuring reference materials are current.
- May assist with the review and preparation of patent material and applications.
- May draft minutes of corporate meetings or review and evaluation.
- Works independently focusing on work that is often confidential in nature.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
MUST be flexible to work within the business hours of 8:00 am - 8:00 pm with some weekends as needed.
High school diploma or GED with Paralegal certification.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bankruptcy knowledge a MUST
- Knowledge of document preparation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and legal software applications
- Knowledge of legal and/or regulatory research techniques and tools
- Understanding of technical legal terminology
- Ability to write legal/regulatory documents, summaries and other correspondence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Effective time management skills
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Developing professional role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Works on assignments that are routine in nature and which follow accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on assignments, and requires general instructions for most assignments. Works under close to moderate supervision with little latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three years of work experience in a legal or regulatory environment requiring research and preparation of documentation, reports and summaries.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.