Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems. Monitors network connectivity and ensures high quality data transmission. Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/MAN/WAN and cloud-based networks. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems (including wireless).
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Performs network problem resolution and assists in the documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
- Monitors protocol compatibility, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and interface applications.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience. AWS Certified Solution Architect preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Black Knight business environment and the network environment
- Experience with AWS multi-account deployment.
- Experience with AWS network concepts, including Direct Connect, and Transit Gateways.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, preferably using Python or Ansible.
- Knowledge of network technologies (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS)
- Knowledge of basic IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
- Requires knowledge of basic office tools
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders, especially as it relates to operations and technology
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike.
- Experience with project management
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
- Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
Network Engineer IV
Expert professional level role. Works on varied projects/systems/issues of high complexity that require mastery-level skill of network planning, configuration and optimization in multiple technical environments; projects/systems/issues are of a significant or strategic impact to the enterprise. Recognized as an expert internally and often provides strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services. Works on one or more projects as a project team member or often as a project team leader. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff.
Typically requires ten (10) or more years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning and implementation.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.