Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an AVP, Correspondent Lending Operations at our Jacksonville, Florida location. The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily operations of the correspondent channel’s operations, establishing process, procedures and efficient use of technology ensuring loans are purchased in a timely manner meeting all regulatory and investor requirements. This position will coordinate with other areas to implement new products, redesign processes, improve technology solutions and drive innovation for the channel. This role will oversee relationships with third party partners to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee fulfillment operations for delegated and non-delegated channels, including internal and third-party resources to provide industry leading turn times, services levels and cost execution.
- Drive efficiencies in process, including membership, automation of loan review and purchase to achieve industry leading service times.
- Investigate industry best practices, technology solutions and act on associate and lender feedback to improve the overall efficiency of the channel.
- Provides leadership for the business on technology, coordinating solutions development and implementations with IT partners.
- Actively participates in the development of the channel’s strategic plan coordinating with cross functional areas to oversee implementation targets and budgets are achieved.
- Provides leadership on product development and implementation including mandatory and best efforts loan delivery.
- Develop and maintains associate, vendor and lender training materials. Owns the channels Seller Guide and is responsible for internal and external communications of product, process, guideline and administrative updates.
- Creates and maintains channels reports/scorecards to provide business results and measurements and actionable data to improve channel and lender performance.
- Provides forecasts and models for volume, staffing and vendor needs.
- Coordinates with business controls on issues and creates and executes action plans related to identified issues resulting from internal or external audits.
- Ensure the channel conforms to mortgage industry regulations at the federal and state level as well as NCUA, CFPB and secondary marketing requirements.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master and or CMA preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience in the mortgage industry.
- Minimum five (5) years with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and disciplines.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and concepts to both individuals and groups
- Strategic mindset and the analytical skills to develop and implement initiatives
- Familiarity with Encompass and other industry technologies.
- Highly motivated with high energy and passion for results. Ability to work independently
- Proficient in MS Office products. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
This position will directly supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.