Southeast Toyota Distributors is the world's largest independent distributor of Toyotas. The company was established in 1968 when Jim Moran partnered with Toyota Motor Sales to help expand the automaker's presence in the U.S. market. Today, Southeast Toyota distributes vehicles, parts and accessories to more than 177 independent Toyota dealerships in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. The company helps its dealers sell over 20 percent of all Toyotas in the nation through innovative sales and marketing programs, customer service, accessory development, fleet sales, and transportation and logistics.
**Notice to applicants**
We have worked on implementing consistent COVID-19 prevention procedures across our Jacksonville and Commerce production facilities. Our focus has been to develop communication and training materials for associates and all onsite partners for COVID-19 prevention. Our onsite teams at the Parts Distribution Center are critical to supporting SET's 177 dealers. We meet the essential transportation needs of millions of customers each year in the southeast. Ensuring our associates' safety and maintaining this critical support to our dealers during COVID-19 has been our top priority.
Warehouse associates perform a variety of warehouse functions, including but not limited to the following: receiving, sorting, and stocking items for inventory; picking, packing, and securing parts for shipment to dealers; completion of all appropriate paperwork; operate a variety of power equipment; special projects as assigned.
- The Part Time Warehouse Associate will be expected to:
- Read and retain numbers and complete forms/paperwork accurately & legibly.
- Meet individual production and quality performance objectives in a fast paced environment.
- Work with minimum supervision & follow through on assignments.
This position is approximately 28 hours per week (Monday - Friday). Typical shift is currently 4:15 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; the exact schedule may vary.
Qualified candidates will be safety minded team players, flexible to work additional hours, dependable and report to work on time.
Additional qualifications include:
- Warehousing or Manufacturing type experience preferred.
- Previous automotive parts experience helpful, but not required.
- Good short-term memory of number series required.
- Physical requirements include: able to lift up to 70 pounds, walk for long periods of time, reach above head and shoulders, bend, squat, push, pull, grasp, and climb stairs.
- Willing to operate and become certified on power equipment, such as tuggers, pallet jacks, order pickers and forklifts. Prior experience preferred.
- Attend and pass a Hazardous Materials Handling/Transportation class.