Looking for a rewarding position and the next step in your career? Company is currently seeking an Automation Engineer who will serve in a project management and support position while working closely with our Recycling, Rebar Fab, Mills, and heat-treating locations that have automation needs to keep operations running, implement intermittent modifications to control systems, and manage projects related to electrical and automation at their locations. The ideal Automation Engineer candidate is a well-rounded individual with high level skills to lead and be responsible for the development of necessary process control technology to interconnect these systems. The Automation Engineer will require good project management skills enabling them to oversee several projects at one time, while tracking deadlines, cost projections, and quality compliance.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as Automation lead on large capital projects.
· Specify and review proposals and supplied systems for compliance with company standards Install and startup site assistance.
· Manage multiple project designs, scopes, budgets, and installations while meeting established target dates for projects.
· Interact with technical engineers and non-technical operations personnel to integrate new technologies and update existing systems.
· Take advantage of planned and unplanned production interruptions to accomplish project implementation.
· Create and tune existing regulation systems such as PLC PIDs (level control and positioning), and DC drive current and speed regulators.
· Specify, create, and modify hydraulic control system through understanding of basic hydraulics as well as proportional valves.
· Specify, install, configure, and scale field devices including motors, accelerometers, RTDs, loads cells, pressure transmitters, flow transmitters, valve positioners.
· Specify, purchase, install, and commission variable frequency drives as well as DC drives.
· Design, implement, trouble shoot, and repair different PLC and drive control networks such as: Profibus, ABB Field bus, Device Net, and Modbus.
· Create, modify and maintain Industrial SCADA / HMI systems in multiple platforms including WonderWare Intouch, Ignition, and Level 1 touch panels.
· Create and commission HMI applications which compliment control systems by providing intuitive, easy to use, graphics.
· Utilize database information exchange between HMI and database systems.
· Provide remote troubleshooting assistance through a terminal located at each facility.
· Maintain hardware and software at pertinent locations along with backups and disaster recovery plans.
Travel may vary but typically encompasses 25 to 60% of time Most travel will be pre-planned but some unplanned travel during operational emergencies will occur