CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at cit.com/about.
* Provide transactional legal support to CIT Business Capital team in Jacksonville Florida, including negotiating and drafting of vendor program agreements, master lease agreements and master equipment finance agreements, end user lease and loan agreements, assisting with customer and vendor complaints, and vendor support agreements.
* Assist with the structuring of new business transactions.
* Advise on a variety of transaction issues including enforcement issues, bankruptcy, and public sector contracting.
* Endeavor to provide legal support to Business Capital without significant reliance on outside counsel and if outside counsel is used, manage outside counsel to provide quality and cost-effective representation.
* Respond to day-to-day issues arising within the segment and provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution in a manner that appropriately balances legal risk and business unit needs.
* Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
* Minimum of 5-8 years of experience.
* Admitted to practice in Florida or registered as in-house counsel in Florida.
* Experience with commercial equipment lease and loan transactions, including vendor finance
* Experience with commercial equipment lease and finance structures, such as cost per copy and other consumption based pricing models, managed service contracts and "consumption as a service" financing programs, desirable.
* Experience with negotiating contracts and working with opposing counsel
* Experience working as inside counsel for a regional commercial bank or commercial finance company preferred.
* Experience working directly with internal clients, including senior management.
* Active listening skills and the ability to quickly identify and solve issues that a transaction might present.
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CIT's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: