Responsible for assisting the Director of Health Services in providing a level of care that ensures the safety and well-being of all residents; provide direct resident care activities to include assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation of nursing care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide resident care as assigned.
2. Respond to resident calls and provide appropriate nursing interventions.
3. Dispense medications per physiciansâ orders.
4. Ensure narcotic counts are accurate at beginning and end of shift (where applicable).
5. Receive and give end of shift report.
6. Provide report to nurseâs aides/caregivers on respective shift.
7. Supervise and assign work for nurseâs aides/caregivers.
8. May assist with finding replacement for call-ins if applicable
9. Follow documentation policy.
10. Account for all assigned equipment at end of shift, i.e. cell phones, pagers, walkies etc.
11. Call health care providers to facilitate medication orders, supplies, transportation, etc.
12. Schedule staff, and secure replacement for absences.
Job Description â Registered Nurse Page 2 of 6 Â© Rentals Rev. 8/2017
13. Complete 24 hour census report (where applicable).
14. Order medications and process new health care providerâs orders.
15. Call residentâs emergency contact person as necessary.
16. Order trays and facilitate care for residents who are temporarily ill by coordinating efforts with the family/responsible party (where applicable).
17. Follow OSHA compliance and safety procedures.
18. Document resident status as per policy.
19. Provide daily supervision to assigned staff and directly provide nursing care to residents as assigned.
20. May assist with finding replacements for call-ins.
21. Participate in the admission of new residents.
22. Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL), family/social activities and actively promote independent life-style of residents.
23. Respond to resident call system promptly and courteously.
24. Responsible for identification of resident medical and behavioral changes and the development and monitoring of care plans and re-assessment of each resident.
25. Provide daily report to the Director of Health Services concerning community conditions, personnel performance, resident conditions, and needs for nursing supplies.
26. Provide nursing care according to physicianâs orders and in conformance with recognized nursing practice, established standards, and administrative policies.
27. Ensure preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative services to residents and assists in the coordination of nursing care with care rendered by other disciplines.
28. Make rounds with physician(s), assist in examinations and/or treatment of residents and carry out orders.
29. Assess resident and notify attending physician and responsible party in the event of a change in the residentâs condition.
30. Accurately administer prescribed medications, supervise the continuity of nursing care, respond to changes in medical condition, medications or other circumstances requiring special care needs and perform first aid as required.
Job Description â Registered Nurse Page 3 of 6 Â© Rentals Rev. 8/2017
31. Provide daily supervision and leadership to assigned staff and other designated personnel in meeting the residentâs needs. Demonstrate good decision making skills. Provide written evaluation and oral counseling of assigned staff.
32. Assess and monitor complex resident health status and determine the appropriate nursing intervention. Develop and monitor the ongoing plan of care with resident and initiate corrective action as necessary.
33. Orient residents and staff to emergency procedures and respond to all emergency situations.
34. Complete and sign incident reports and provide follow-up as required.
35. Assure that all resident records are accurate, complete and all mandatory forms are on file. Through familiarity and application of community policies and procedures, assure that nursing care is practiced in full accordance with regulatory requirements, community quality standards, and resident rights.
36. Monitor resident environment to ensure all safety and sanitary regulations and quality standards are met or exceeded. May assist with development and presentation of in-service programs.
37. Supports creating a culture where the business decisions made in this position, along with individual employee engagement, drive top-line revenue and occupancy.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The Community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition of employment to practice the LCS Hospitality Promisesâ¢ in all interactions with residents, fellow employees, and guests:
â¢ We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
â¢ We treat everyone with courteous respect.
â¢ We anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
â¢ We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
â¢ We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
â¢ We make you feel important.
â¢ We embrace and value our differences.
â¢ We ask, âIs there anything else I can do for you?â
â¢ We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
â¢ We pay attention to details.
2. Observe and abide by all regulations to ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within the community; and to ensure only the minimum necessary information is known to function in this position.
3. Assure resident safety.
4. Follow written and oral directions.
5. Maintain confidentiality of resident and community information.
6. Assist new employees in following established community policies and procedures.
7. Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
8. Attend all in-services as assigned or requested.
9. Participate in interdisciplinary team and other community meetings as assigned or requested.
10. Consistently work cooperatively with residents, co-workers, physicians, families, consultant personnel and other ancillary service providers.
11. Observe all community safety policies and procedures.
12. Is observant of safety hazards and emergency situations, and reports to appropriate person or takes corrective action according to established procedures.
13. Come to work in a clean, neat uniform and consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
14. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality, complies with attendance policy.
15. Assume accountability for data contained in the employee handbook.
16. Assumes accountability for compliance with Federal, State, and other regulations within scope of control and of which informed.
17. Observe infection control procedures.
18. Follow Residentsâ Rights policies at all times.
19. Observe all community policies and procedures.
20. Accept assigned duties, instructions or correction in a cooperative manner, voicing concerns or disagreement in a professional manner through established chain of authority according to state procedures.
21. Perform incidental housekeeping and maintenance tasks as may arise during the course of regular duties, in order to maintain a clean, safe, pleasant environment for residents, visitors and staff.
22. Perform all other related duties as assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
â¢ Minimum on (1) yearsâ experience in Nursing. Experience in Skilled Nursing Preferred
â¢ Associateâs Degree in Nursing required
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION OR OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
â¢ Current nursing license valid in Florida
â¢ Willingness to be available for any/all emergencies regarding the community
â¢ Doctorâs statement designating free from communicable disease
â¢ The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
â¢ Knowledge in all areas of local Health Department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies relevant to healthcare services
â¢ Good communication skills (oral and written)
â¢ Good inter-department communication and teamwork skills
â¢ Capable of administering employee incentive, retention and training programs
â¢ Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products