The Assistant Property Manager is second-in-command to the Property Manager and responsible for managing the overall day-to-day operations of the leasing office. This position must be capable of providing strong leadership and coaching to the leasing staff, keep apprised of market trends and conditions, track leads, develop and maintain positive relationships with residents and co-workers, prepare leasing, eviction and other paperwork, and participate in the planning, and organizing of special projects and events. Bainbridge's Assistant Property Managers have proficient communication skills, cultivate long-term relationships & are prepared to anticipate our customers' needs while CreatingExceptional Living Environments.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills.
• Impeccable overall sales skills.
• Focused and concentrated customer service skills.
• Team-oriented with the ability to work independently on occasions.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information.
• Well organized with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Excellent people skills that utilize social assertiveness & active listening.
• Knowledge of State and Local Laws as they relate to legal procedures & notices.
• Strong Knowledge of the Multifamily Housing Industry.
• Strong Knowledge of Fair Housing.
• Strong Knowledge of Federal, State & Local Laws.
• Performs and manages the Sales & Leasing process: starting with the initial greeting, a tour to follow, and concluding with closing the sale.
• Exhibits the features and values of the community as they relate to the prospective resident.
• Remains tuned in to the current market conditions and trends of the area.
• Keeps apprised of the current marketing campaigns, in conjunction with complete and accurate tracking of all leads.
• Upholds positive resident connections through thoughtful and timely responses to their needs and concerns.
• Takes prompt action to solve problems and document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
• Collaborates & participates in planning, organizing, and execution of resident events.
• Responsible for maintaining workspaces and the Leasing Office.
• Ensures the property has "curb appeal."
• Manages & maintains all ledgers, collecting rent, posting rent, issuing appropriate charges and concessions.
• Initiates & completes all necessary evictions, including preparation of the appropriate paperwork needed for the local attorney.
• Monthly: completes Pre-close and Month-end processes
• Assists in other projects and activities as needed by the Property Manager, Regional Manager, or any member of the Home office.
Additional Job Requirements:
• A minimum of 2 years of related Property Management & leasing experience.
• A High School education or equivalent is required; a college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
• Ability to fluently read and write in English.
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions.
• Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) is preferred.
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge.
• Knowledge of RealPage Products, YieldStar, and Yardi products is preferred.
• Expanded knowledge of Internet marketing is preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook.
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages.
• Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.
Learning and Development
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth with Bainbridge's Pathways to Promotion programs.
Ability to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, all fifty-two weeks of the year.
Ability to be On-Call, as scheduled or as necessary.
Ability to travel; required to drive on occasion for business-related needs, such as to purchase necessary supplies for the department and property; to attend various company gatherings or events; assist at sister properties, either in the general vicinity of your home property or in another state.
• Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance are required; the position requires a vehicle to fulfill all job functions.