Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Assistant Manager, Communications (CPGP) supports the business communications team with CPGP activations and product launches tied to sustainability, cultural celebrations and heritage months, as well as licensing and retail partner communications and industry events. The Assistant Manager, Communications (CPGP) manages all content updates tied to DisneyLicensing.com throughout the year and leading up to key events. In this role you would drive the development of earnings presentation messaging, fact sheets, daily industry news updates and weekly briefings for leadership. You would also supporting the development of presentations, scripts, and invitations. Using a strategic mindset, collaboration with various stakeholders domestically and internationally, strong writing abilities and excellent project management skills are all part of this position.
Every day as the Assistant Manager, Communications is different. On any given day you may:
- Drive the creation of website copy and assist with crafting communications plans and copyediting for various launches tied to Sustainability and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Manage all communication needs tied to CPGP presence at industry events to drive key business priorities, including project timelines, scripts, key messaging, invitations, post-event surveys, executive briefs and beyond.
- Craft key messages to business partners throughout the year and manage content updates to DisneyLicensing.com to ensure partners understand business priorities.
- Support all business communications efforts tied to competitive insight analysis, including earnings recaps and daily industry news updates.
- Manage a team calendar and project archive and serve as the team resource for compiling fact sheets and talking points related to earnings presentations.
- Collaborate with the internal communications team to identify relevant storytelling opportunities for local and global teams.
- Conduct ad hoc research, develop media audits and provide recommendations as necessary tied to storytelling opportunities and key program launches.
- Create external communications plans and story briefs tied to key reputation drivers, as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3+ years of experience in communications, preferably corporate communications
- Excellent writing skills, knowledge of AP style guide
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Strategic thinking mindset
- Experience conducting research and executing communications with purpose
- Organized, creative, flexible, and a multi-tasker
- Curiosity about tech, retail and entertainment industries
- Desire to help foster an inclusive team culture
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or marketing or equivalent work experience
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits