Aloft Jacksonville Airport
751 Skymarks Dr
Jacksonville, Florida, 32218
Assistant Maintenance Engineer & Parft Time Driver
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Assistant Chief Engineer and Part-Time Driver?
As a member of the hotel maintenance team, the Assistant Chief Engineer is accountable for the proper workings of the hotel. From overseeing plumbing and electrics, to HVAC and pool maintenance, you assist and supervise general facilities upkeep. The Assistant Chief Engineer reports to the General Manager and Chief Engineer and is responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests. You have experience in construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting, caulking, and any similar skills. Your job is to help keep your team and guests happy.
This position will also serve as a Part-Time driver for our local area shuttle.
A Day in the Life:
- You will follow the guidelines established by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of the company's assets, associates, and guests.
- You will promote enhanced guest satisfaction.
- You will perform various engineering skills and construction trades.
- You may train others in engineering skills and construction trades.
- You will interact with employees and guests, and you will display sufficient communication skills when communicating in any form.
- You will help promote a collaborative, proactive, and interactive environment with other associates of the hotel.
- 3 years' minimum experience in a maintenance-type position
- The ability to communicate operational activities, priorities, and problems with management engineers and supervisors
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction
- The ability to repair and replace basic heating and air conditioner systems
- The ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills
- The ability to use standard hand tools (wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements, etc.)
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment
- The ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of the hotel's equipment
- Knowledge of how to test pool and spa chemicals
- Knowledge of how to handle fire equipment (hand-held extinguishers, fire hoses, etc.)
- Experienced expertise in the construction trades (highly desired)
- Previous hotel experience (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment, or inquiry
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to use various tangible and verbal techniques to solve problems with equipment or dispel disagreements between associates
- The knowledge and ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance task