Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Manages legal business matters pertaining to particular business units. Provides a variety of general contract and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients. Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken. Coordinates legal matters handled by outside counsel. Requires a law degree.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a variety of assigned legal projects. Protects the enterprise's rights in corporate matters and business practices
- Prepares legal drafts, opinions and various documents
- Experience with negotiation technology transactions preferred.
- Experience with intellectual property preferred.
- Prior law department experience preferred but not required.
- Negotiates and drafts contracts as requested by business units or other management representatives
- May render opinions and advice depending upon role and expertise, regarding the interpretation of contract provisions, intellectual property and other business law issues
- Acts as advisor on legal issues concerning legal rights, obligations and privileges
- Coordinates legal matters handled by outside counsel
Requires a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and admission to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Requires demonstrated experience in drafting transactional documents, technology agreements, intellectual property, risk and other resolutions specific to the financial, computer and technology industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to be appropriate and understandable to the audience
- Effectively deals with issues that are complex, confidential and sensitive in nature
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills
- Effective team building, coaching and persuasion skills
- Intermediate to advanced negotiation skills with regard to complex issues and data
Assistant Division Counsel
Entry-level professional role. Basic skills with basic to moderate level of proficiency. Applies enterprise policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work with detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Consults with senior peers or legal management on noncomplex projects to learn through experience. Role will work under the supervision of senior Counsel. Typically requires up to three (3) years of experience as a practicing attorney.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees' diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight's commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.