Application Support Engineer Senior
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the efficiency of our applications. As an Application Support Engineer, you will be using the skills of a performance engineer, software engineer, and systems engineer to support web-based applications The Application Engineer is a crucial role that relies on quick thinking, prioritization, creative solutions, good and timely communication, as well as a very broad understanding of the entire technology stack: from ETL processes, to client-side programming, to networking, web application deployment, debugging techniques and performance analysis. This individual will also monitor the re-occurring deliveries and work closely with the business and engineering teams to execute and deliver on a timely basis. Individual will also work closely with ETL development and can provide additional support in minor development.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly investigate code to troubleshoot complex client applications, integration and environment issues, escalate to appropriate parties and drive to resolution.
- Troubleshoot/resolve customer problems of complex nature such as code defects, product configurations (files or data), networking, platform, third party communications, hardware configuration or other issues commonly encountered in systems operation in a networked environment.
- Troubleshoot software and configuration as necessary including, but not limited to reviewing code and associated scripts, reviewing application logs and updating configurations to resolve the customer’s problem in a production environment.
- Construction and scheduling of automated processes and creation of custom processing scripts may also be needed.
- Regularly receive escalated cases from management and must prioritize accordingly.
- Regularly document and report product/application defects to the Product Management and Development team, and escalate unresolved problems to the appropriate resources.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Support Teams for escalated issues.
- Proactively seek out, research, and recommend improvements to better serve customers.
- Ensure that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are always adhered to.
- Cultivate and participate in cross-department communication, collaboration, and synergy.
- Serve as the primary for critical operational deliverables.
- Maintain the planning, schedules of deliveries and coordination with business liaison’s and appropriate technical resources.
- Maintain ftp client ip whitelisting and ftp server as the primary contact for onboarding, issues and maintenance.
- Monitor security certificates and prompt replacement in coordination with the security team.
- Serve as the backup to the ETL development team and may at times be involved with client onboardings and operations requiring scripting knowledge and more simplistic coding.
- Maintain and update technical and onboarding documents and procedures.
- Manages application software licensing counts and renewals.
- Manages application software upgrades and server patches.
- Oversees new application implementations.
- Participates in the preparation and execution of corporate business continuity requirements.
EDUCATION / WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience with source control management systems like TFS is essential along with continuous integration/deployment.
- Experience with SQL 2008 or higher is essential.
- Experience with T-SQL and SQL Server database technologies.
- Essential to have the knowledge of .Net 4.5 Framework.
- Have experience in C#, ASP.Net, OO Programming, XML, XSL, HTML, Enterprise library, ADO or ADO.Net.
- Must have 3 years of experience with scripting languages such as Python, VBScript, Perl.
- Understanding of the latest Web Technologies.
- Experience and understanding of Scrum Development Methodology.
- Basic SQL Server admin such as backing up/restoring database instances.
- Use of Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on experience with Visual Studio 2013/2015.
- Experience / understanding of reporting services.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA, Salesforce.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and client facing verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and project tracking capabilities.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, small team work environment.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and on-call as needed.
Application Support Engineer Senior
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated experience.