Global Financial Software Company seeks a Junior Application Support Analyst with strong customer service skills to provide application support to our rapidly growing International Banking/Asset Management customer base.
This is a full time position with a leading reconciliation/corporate actions software firm locally based out of Jacksonville.
Must have an excellent technical background, good work ethic, and strong communication skills.
* Provide high quality customer support, by interpreting customer queries and problems, gathering information to investigate via phone or remote modem access, debug, replicate, test, document results, writing and changing documentation when required.
* Ensure all support issues are fully logged and documented on a problem management system, and ensure that all issues are fully managed, including regular customer updates. Analyst must ensure that all issues assigned are fully managed without exception.
* Required to fully document all calls to support standards, and investigate through to successful resolution a high level of complex support calls, and ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and maximized at all times.
* May be required to attend customer sites occasionally, as and when required. Therefore must have good customer-facing communication skills, and have excellent telephone manner.
* Proactively contribute to the overall support process, by suggesting & executing new process efficiencies, documenting common support issues and workarounds to a customer level, to minimize number of future support calls received.
* Provide material and input into the global Support Intranet site, and the Customer Zone on the company product website, to enable analysts and customers alike to remain fully informed of the latest product developments and issues.
* Review and sign off support acceptance of new product releases, applications and solutions, performing installation and new functionality review required.
* Intermediate WebApp knowledge (WebSphere, Weblogic, or JBoss, preferable multiple)
* Proven customer support experience and good telephone manner.
* Proven analytic problem solving and IT background.
* Must demonstrate the ability to learn new applications quickly and to the detail required.
* Intermediate knowledge of UNIX/Linux (should possess junior administrator skills) - e.g. directory navigation, VI editor, use of cron, etc.
* Intermediate knowledge of SQL - e.g. able to form complex database queries in order to progress support call investigations
* Work well in a team environment, and take full ownership of application support calls assigned
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Intermediate to expert knowledge of C/C++ and/or Java
* Interest in and business knowledge of Banking Back Office environments
* Reconciliation knowledge is a plus.
* Intermediate knowledge of RDBMS, with experience in at least one of Oracle, Sybase. - e.g. understands indexing, standard database optimization, backup and recovery etc.
Qualifications * Computer Science or similar degree with a significant computing bias.
Experience * Previous experience within a customer support role, preferably in finance.