Michelson Realty Company is seeking a seasoned, professional Property Manager for one of its premiere apartment communities in Jacksonville, FL. Candidates must have 3+ years of previous Property Management experience, a Bachelor’s degree in Business, and YARDI software experience. They should also possess a good work ethic, positive attitude, and exceptional communication, organization, and problem-solving skills. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package, including a 401(k).
The Property Manager is accountable for all community operations. The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities, projects, and available resources in order to accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Regional Property Manager and Property Owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels, community values, and hitting or exceeding proposed budget numbers.
· Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals and operate the property in the owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
· Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
· Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
· Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner.
· Generate necessary legal action, documents, and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
· Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations, and certificates of insurance.
· Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash, and account for all funds.
· Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
· Utilize marketing strategies to increase awareness and overall traffic.
· Train and confirm that the leasing staff is effectively using the Engaging Leasing Method to work with prospective residents and close more leases.
· Confirm that the leasing staff gathers information about market competition in the area and files accordingly.
· Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
· Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
· Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to Yardi accurately and on a timely basis.
· Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
· Lead emergency team for community by ensuring proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
· Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
· Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
· Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
· Consistently implement policies at the community.
· Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient, and train new personnel.
· Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership.
· Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
· Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
· Administer action plans consistently and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation to the supervisor and Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
· Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
· Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
· Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
· Ensure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
· Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
· Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
· Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules and Fair Housing regulations.
· Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
· Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
· Effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
· Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
· Train the Assistant Property Manage to effectively manage the property when the Property Manager is not available.