Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
As an Android Manager, you will lead a team of developers to architect, design, develop and test complex Android applications using modern mobile technologies. You will initiate and drive the development of standards, best practices and guidelines, and manage resource commitments across multiple projects balancing skillsets and project needs. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, know how to properly deal with ambiguity and changes in scope, dive deep, demonstrate excellent judgment, have great communication skills, and have a track record for delivering results.
- Ensure team’s adherence to proper design principles to projects and frameworks
- Provide accurate estimates of projects and features
- Work directly with individual contributors to mentor them in advancing their role-specific skills and careers
- 4+ years of Android development.
- Knowledge of Android Studio, the Android SDK and Android Tools, JUnit, Jira, SVN, Git. Kotlin and Java is a plus
- Design APIs and services and coordinating development and integration of business initiatives into mobile apps.
- Optimize overall team performance, by coaching individual team members
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members and teams
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seek and remove impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Establish new and improve existing design principles, coding style guidelines, web discipline standards and process improvements
- Communicate effectively and clearly with internal and external clients
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale
- Participate in human resource activities associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching
- Monitor and track the latest developments and direction of iOS platform
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 7+ years of software industry experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing a team of technical resources, including recruiting, administrative, performance, and resource planning
- Past experience in leading teams in building and maintaining large mobile applications
- Supervises and mentors a team of Android engineers, including but not limited to career development and coaching, performance reviews, providing engineering leadership with promotion recommendations.
- Experience managing teams delivering web, mobile and/or cloud-based solutions
- Hands on experience with agile software development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant experience
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.