Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm
The Administrative Assistant III provides high level administrative support to include complex and confidential functions on behalf of a department head or large department, to complete assigned tasks and projects of a complex nature. Assigned administrative programs and projects. May supervise or give work direction to lower level clerical personnel.
Job Duties - Some examples of the job duties may include:
• The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant III position may greet visitors, answer requests, answer phones, screen/route callers, take messages, and assist in resolving routine problems and inquiries pertaining to departmental policies / procedures.
• May supervise or give work direction to lower level clerical personnel.
• May be responsible for scheduling appointments and engagements on behalf of the department, without prior clearance.
• May make arrangements and coordinate all details for meetings, conferences and special events including catering requests, presentation materials and equipment.
• May plan and coordinate meeting arrangements including travel and lodging and process expense reports.
• May be responsible for interpreting administrative decisions and policies to complete assigned tasks and projects of a complex nature.
• May review, prioritize and determine actions for all incoming correspondence and mail.
• May order office supplies and equipment; organize and maintain department filing systems and other records.
• May assist with creating, maintaining and collecting data for reports, charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
• May assist with monitoring and approving departmental expenditures, department budget and account records.
• May make requests for office equipment repairs and work closely with facilities to ensure that equipment, materials and office space are used effectively.
• May compose documents; maintain relevant databases; update departmental websites and related records.
• May be exposed to confidential information and handle confidential matters.
• May research, analyze and summarize data for reports independently and assist with large project coordination.
• May maintain calendars for management.
• High School Education or equivalent of three years or more of administrative support and understanding of general office procedure experience required.
• Excellent listening, oral, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment within understood policies and procedures preferred.
• Experience with standard report generation; office administrative practices and procedures required.
• Intermediate skill level or better and knowledge with using computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation including: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet search software relevant to the position required.
• Familiarity with using pivot tables and advanced formulas when working with spreadsheet and reports preferred.
• Good attention to detail skills and the ability to multitask preferred.
• Good organizational, problem solving and time management skills a plus and preferred.
• Must be able to work in a seated position for the duration of the workday preferred.
• Must perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding, filing, and calculating preferred.
• Sufficient ability to communicate through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions preferred.