[Intro Paragraph] This first paragraph should be a short 2-3 sentence marketing summary of your company. You will want to inform job seekers about your unique company, its culture, working environment, and the type of temperament and skill set that your team requires. This paragraph can make your business standout from other companies who are also seeking to hire an admin assistant.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
- Makes travel arrangements for senior staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel or restaurant reservations.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
- Supports team by performing tasks related to organization and strong communication.
- Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
[Work Hours & Benefits] You will want to put the working hours and benefits here in the middle of your job description. This section is very specific to your company and can keep your prospective admins interest. Here you will want to describe any unusual requirements for the job such as travel requirements and working days and hours. Be sure to include additional job benefits such as commuter benefits, expense accounts or continuing education reimbursement. As you put together your administrative assistant job description and salary range for your open position, you may want to consider adding pay information to your job description. Greater transparency here can motivate candidates to spend the time it takes to apply to a position, especially if the pay is competitive.
Administrative Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 3 years of administrative assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
[Call To Action] Now that you have told the job seeker who you are and that you are looking for an admin assistant, you need to give them a way to apply for your job. This is called a call to action and can take the form of providing instructions to click the “apply” button or to send an email with their application.