Ref ID: 01120-0011452381
Classification: Accounts Payable Clerk
Compensation: $42000.00 to $48000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is working with a growing manufacturing firm to fill a direct hire Accounts Payable Specialist role. This AP Specialist position will report to the Accounting Manager and handle full-cycle, high volume, AP processing for multiple locations.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Audits, codes and matches invoices with purchase orders and the corresponding receivers.
- Interfaces with appropriate personnel to secure proper payment approvals adhering to the corporate approval policy.
- Scans account payable documents (invoices, checks, etc.) into software.
- Coordinates third-party scanning of accounts payable documents for division(s) which use a offsite electronic record storage.
- Oversees maintenance of accounts payable files and records.
- Produces various reports for management, including maintenance of accounts payable and vouchers payable register.
- Communicates with internal departments when needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Handles communication with vendors and suppliers in response to inquiries in a timely, positive, and high quality, accurate manner.
- Assists with month-end accounting accruals and accrued invoices appropriately.
- Provides accounting management with regular payment recommendations based on vendor payment terms and invoice due dates. After payment recommendations are approved, process payments to vendors.
- Reconciles and vouchers P-card transactions while ensuring transactions have support and approved per the corporate policy.
- Prepares month-end reconciliations for accounts payable and vouchers payable ensuring subsystems are in balance and resolves out of balances before day two of month-end close.
- Recommends process improvements to management and participates in cross-functional process improvement teams.