Idea Recruitment has partnered with an established civil engineering, land development, community planning and construction expert in Jacksonville, FL for their search of an Accounting Specialist.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the Billing, Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable functions for the firm. This position also performs Human Resources administrative functions.
- Provide assistance to the accounting department including reporting, processing client payments, making bank deposits, processing accounts payable, filing and gathering documentation.
- Perform financial and billing tasks, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger entries. Perform account reconciliations and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ensure all disbursements are properly approved and documented, applied correctly, and completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Process transactions, issue checks, and update general ledgers and budgets.
- Utilize financial management software system to perform various accounting duties and to support projects and Project Managers.
- Provide support to Billing Department including assistance with customer invoicing, collections, and payments.
- Support Project Managers with project authorizations, contracts and budgeting to include tracking expenses, ensuring proper handling of project invoices, and assisting with adherence to contract terms.
- Perform Human Resource administrative functions, including managing job postings in the HR talent system, new hire onboarding, and payroll setup.
- Monitor & assist with weekly timesheet submittal, review for accuracy & approvals. Perform payroll tasks within payroll system for bi-weekly payroll submittal & processing.
- Communicate with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person, as needed.
- Prepare financial reports, as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree or college coursework in written composition, business math or accounting classes preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ project accounting, billing and job costing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with Deltek Vision or other financial management software.
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software.