We are partnering with exciting mid - size manufacturing company that is under a new leadership for the right reasons. We are seeking a proactive, sharp and passionate accounting manager to lead a team of 3; ideally seeking for a combination of public accounting and manufacturing industry experience (audit manufacturing experience will also be strongly considered); leadership and or managerial experience will be a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to step into a managerial role. Additionally, company offers a clear path to future growth. This individual will also be exposed to assisting with future acquisitions and the due diligence process.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Work directly with, and receive instruction from, the Chief Financial Officer, making sure that daily accounting functions are aligned with corporate goals and expectations.
- Establish internal controls and procedures for accounting processes and transactions.
- Maintain the General Ledger.
- Identify areas for process improvements and automation, and implement those improvements.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the executive team, such as balance sheets, P&L statements, aging reports, etc.
- Ensure the company remains current on all local, state and federal compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with third party financial institutions and business partners regarding areas of financial significance for the company.
- Work closely with the CFO and third party auditors to ensure the timely and successful completion of audits.
- Oversee the corporate credit card and expense reporting programs, ensuring that quality control measures and audit controls are in place.
- Manage the activities of both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions within the organization.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work & safety procedures and instructions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Masters degree preferred.
- Active Certified Public Accounting designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in managing an accounting department and working closely with executive level employees.
- Proven understanding and usage of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Must be capable of presenting financial reports and information to all stakeholders, both formally and informally.
- Extensive knowledge of financial compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in Accounting Software (SAP Business One experience preferred).
Please click apply or email Karla Alfonzo directly at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
skills: CPA, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.