Assess, monitor, manage and plan the efficient utilization of cash per the company plan; oversee grant and fund accounting to include a successful OMB circular A-133 and external audit of those areas.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
Required Experience: 3-5 years Hospital banking/cash management and grant accounting and A-133 audit experience.
- Advanced knowledge of grant and fund accounting and OMB Circular A-133 audit requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed asset accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices (GASB preferred).
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (PeopleSoft preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of banking practices and online banking systems.
- Ability to prepare, present and analyze financial reports/data.
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate team activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to work closely with leadership throughout the company in order to communicate and explain financial findings and answer questions.
- Ability to evaluate requests to define course of action, investigate solutions and question assumptions.
- Ability to coordinate team efforts to efficiently and effectively meet deadlines.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to review and research cash management, grant, fixed asset and fund accounting issues, take initiative, train staff and implement improvements.
Licensure as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Preferred Experience: Previous management experience
Supervision: Supervisory responsability of 2 employees.
Preferred Education: MBA