Ref ID: 01120-0011889286
Classification: Accounting Assistant
Compensation: $20.90 to $24.20 hourly
If you are looking to start a career with a vibrant dynamic company, look no further than this role here. Robert Half is pleased to partner with a growing credit and collections agency based out of Jacksonville, FL for an open accounting assistant position. This is a contract to permanent opportunity for the right candidate. The Associate Accountant performs accounts receivable duties with strong attention to customer service while maintaining strong working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered.
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, fax, or mail.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software.
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments and customers.
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account, verifying totals, preparing reports.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, or annual financial statements and reports detailing paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activity.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position click the "Apply Now" button or contact your recruiter at (904) 632-0941.