Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring an Accounting Analyst at our Frisco, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to apply comprehensive knowledge of SBO operations and accounting principles, concepts, practices, and standards in performing complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. This position will also work with external servicing partners to research and resolve investor reporting exceptions prior to finalizing monthly activity and will contribute to special projects related to the SBO portfolio accounting system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger through the implementation and ongoing use of SBO portfolio accounting and reporting systems. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare loan asset financial reporting, consolidated financial analysis, and other other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure SBO systems are in sync with the general ledger and account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely, accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and participate in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls.
- Conduct research and analyses by leveraging data an analytical capability
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on significant matters requiring coordination.
- Participate in the design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting and reporting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Participate in moderately complex accounting projects and may periodically participate in highly complex projects
- Participate in the development and implementation of section standards, policies, and procedures
- Actively partner and engage with external servicers to identify/resolve exceptions and ensure completeness/accuracy of SBO reported data.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting or finance experience in a highly regulated industry such as financial services, mortgage, banking, etc.
- Strong understanding of operational workflow concepts and internal controls
- Strong understanding of reconciliation concepts including but not limited to cashbook validation and test of expected cash concepts preferred
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with excel pivots and VLOOKUPS, required.
- Experience leveraging business intelligence and query tools preferred.
- Intellectually curious with a willingness to work in a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills preferred.
- Experience with monthly accounting close preferred.
- Experience with SBO accounting and reporting preferred.
This position will not directly supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.