Position Title: Accountant
Position Number: 374490
Location: O Fallon, MO 63368
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Accounting, Audit, Communications, Compliance, Contracts, contracts management, CPA, Finance, GAAP, General Ledger, MS Excel, Oracle, Payment Processing, Reconciliation, Records Analyst, Records Management, Report Development, SAP, SOX
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Contract: 6 Month contract to start
Location: O'Fallon, MO
• Applies principles of accounting to analyze complex financial information and prepare financial reports. Adheres to and communicates accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
• Analyzes accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility. Maintains general ledger accounts.
• Works directly with internal customers on inquiries and issue resolution by directly responding to customer’s emails or Remedy tickets. For more complex inquires, will also meet with customers to resolve.
• Review & approve journal entries and account reconciliations within approved thresholds, using accounting judgement & experience
• Use analytical skills to efficiently source data, transform data into meaningful information, and communicate information effectively to business partners and stakeholders
• Use analytical skills to review variances, detect potential errors or issues, document process that created the variance, determine, and execute corrective actions if required
• Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems. Duties may include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers.
• Performs complex reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
• Researches complex questions and investigates variances on the financial statements. Communicates findings to management.
• Recommends and reviews proposed process improvements. Explores the modification and implementation of changes in systems and procedures and makes effective business case to influence leadership and other functions to support proposed changes.
• Prepares complex reports in support of internal and external audits.
• Interactions and communicates with business partners (finance and non-finance) to secure information to develop and confirm accounting outcomes
• Develop desktop procedures to clearly document tasks performed
• Provides excellent customer service to business partners located throughout the organization
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency and quality of outcomes
• Monitors & establishes performance indicators to track progress against goals
• Performs various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
• Support SOX control compliance
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or Chartered Accountant, preferred
• MBA, preferred
• 5+ years of progressive experience working in large corporate accounting / finance functions
• Strong customer service and business acumen
• Well-developed knowledge of U.S. GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Ability to work independently with imperfect / incomplete processes, and apply accounting & business knowledge to create better processes inclusive of accuracy, quality, completeness, and timeliness
• Ability to deliver high-quality and accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
• Ability to influence key stakeholders in same and other functional areas to achieve desired outcomes and prioritize process improvements
• Organize and prioritize multiple activities individually and among a team with a high sense of urgency
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel required (vlookups, pivot tables), preferably a database mindset with ability to structure information and use tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Access, others) to efficiently manage the data & achieve desired outcomes.
• Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
• Provide strategic recommendations for process improvements for the accounting department.