Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Director of Strategic Engagement for Optum, you will be responsible for collaborating with multiple internal business partners and external client stakeholder to ensure an exceptional customer experience and solid employee engagement. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with brilliant presentation and organizational skills. We are looking for innovative and creative thinkers inspired to lead in a new and groundbreaking client-centric approach to healthcare outsourcing.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate change management, communications, cultural alignment and social responsibility activities with Optum and client executives
- Act as a change agent to the business and design processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation
- Actively engage client counterpart in change readiness and change management strategies for successful rollout of partnership initiatives
- Participate in governance structure to align on engagement efforts. Build and support joint guiding principles resulting in partnership accountability
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty, clarity of direction and employee satisfaction
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all account specific communications. Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner
- Work with the enterprise communications department to generate new ideas and strategies and to collaborate on branding, org design messages and employee events (i.e. Townhall, social responsibility)
- Create a comprehensive social responsibility roadmap in partnership with the enterprise team and client counterpart
- Operationalize the Net Promoter System (NPS) strategy (action plan) with a focus on making every customer contact as successful as possible, resulting in continued loyalty
- Coordinate annual (or bi-annual) client satisfaction NPS survey, run reports, develop executive summary and recommendations for continued improvement
- Utilize organizational development and training skills to drive our culture throughout all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with Human Capital to integrate, align, and embed Inclusion and Diversity Strategy within the business and operational strategy
- Collaborate with Human Capital to identify strategies necessary to improve employee engagement and employee experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, client facing engagements
- 3+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of experience working in marketing or communications
- 1+ years of experience as a group facilitator or classroom instructor, with solid verbal and presentation skills
- 1+ years of experience working with non-profits, foundations and/or philanthropy groups
- Ability to travel nationally up to 25%
- Proven experience of successfully delivering projects in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience working with executive level stakeholders
- Understanding of organizational development and/or change management methodology
- Flexible, agile and adaptable to change
- Multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Demonstrated self-starter with solid planning, organization, analytics and problem-solving skills
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal, including well-developed interpersonal skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Strategic Engagement, Client Engagement & Change Management Leader, Business Operations, General Operations Management, Plymouth, MN, Minnesota, WFH, work from home, work at home, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote