2D ARTIST OPPORTUNITY
SSE is a leading technology company serving St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL for over 30 years. We have been a leading provider of aviation courseware development and training for military and commercial aircraft.
We are seeking skilled Graphic Artists to join our team in Jacksonville FL.
GRAPHIC ARTIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
* As an integral member of a blended learning development team, you will work closely with subject matter experts, instructional designers and project managers in the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-based or electronic learning content
* Produces graphics for Aircraft Technical Publications and learning modules
* Work outputs include 2D models and schematics for inclusion in publications modules
* Artist relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines / workflows to perform the requirements of the job
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Perform the duties of graphics artist on one or more projects simultaneously
* Produce 2D content from provided design documents, graphics as requested
* Willing to research the technical documents to understand the needs of the end user
* Understanding of learning principles and how they apply to blended learning solutions
* Ability to work well within a collaborative team environment including project manager, other courseware developers, multimedia developer, graphics artist, programmer and technical editors
* Ability to work independently and ensure performance to deadlines and milestones
* Strong communication skills, ability to effectively deliver message, written and verbal
* Must be a self-starter, able to work on a highly collaborative team in a dynamic environment.
Strong working knowledge of the following software applications:
* Microsoft Windows
* MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Adobe suite, Photoshop, Illustrator
* 2D Illustrator
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a 'US Person' as defined by 22 C.F.R.& 120.15 is required (US Citizen)
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in computer art, graphic art and/or related field is preferred
* Four+ years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
* Expert level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* Secret Clearance required
* 40 hour work weeks, flexible schedule
* 12 paid holidays
* 13 paid PTO days
* medical/vision/dental Co-pay plans
* 401k company match