100% REMOTE Senior Accountant: Financial Reporting / $$$ / growing company / amazing industry, work life balance, culture!!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jillian Morgan
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $60,000 - $105,000 per year
A bit about us:
This company is seeking a self-motivated, independent, intellectual accounting professional to join the Accounting and Finance team a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst on their Fund Accounting team. In this highly visible and dynamic position, you will be responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting for our joint venture partners. The position is also responsible for ad-hoc analysis and reporting to our investment partners.
This company is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, this company has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. This company, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight.
***Although the position is fully remote, the ideal candidate will live within the state of Texas due to exciting quarterly events with teammates!! This position and company will always be remote.
Why join us?
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
- Manages the Company’s month-end and quarter-end accounting close and financial reporting process
- Presents the monthly financial information to upper management including the CFO
- Review of financial statement trends and analytical response to irregularities
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors during interim and year-end audits
- Owns Accounting relationship with our investors
- Interact with the Company’s property accounting personnel
- Oversee the monthly-close accounting calendar
- Assist with the design and implementation of the Accounting group’s process improvement initiatives
- Support the Company’s implementation of technology and systems initiatives
- Establish and enforce the Accounting group’s policies and procedures
Education, Work Experience & Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Private equity experience preferred
- Financial reporting experience required
- Must be able to partner with investors and present financial findings
- Advanced Excel skills required, as well as data mining
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience in real estate, preferably rental properties preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.